Sahodaya, a concept literally meaning ‘Rising Together’, came into being in the year 1986, to facilitate synergy of ideas among the schools of CBSE family for excellence in education. A Sahodaya School Complex is a group of neighbourhood schools voluntarily coming together to share their innovative practices in all aspects of school education including curriculum design, evaluation, pedagogy and also providing support services for teachers and students.
It is indeed an interactive platform for schools to deliberate upon the different policies and guidelines of the Board and provide effective feedback on their implementation to establish new benchmarks of quality. There is no doubt that much more knowledge is generated when a team or group committed to a common goal undertakes the task of re-modelling and re-fashioning educational practices in a spirit of caring and sharing. Thus Sahodaya introduces the relevance of co-operative learning and collaborative networking. This is further facilitated by the annual Sahodaya Conference held every year to critically examine the relevant issues and evolve a viable and effective framework of action.
A futuristic vision of schooling needs to embrace various sections of society with a view to establishing social justice in terms of providing equal opportunities. Education must fight against any inequity and respond to social, cultural, emotional and economic needs of a learner. The Board as leader and change agent in schooling needs to move from opposition of exclusive education to adopting inclusive education to bridge the gap between different segments of student population. The Central Board of Secondary Education has believed in the concept of caring and sharing which is the spirit that symbolizes the Sahodaya Movement
The diverse array of activities carried out by SSC’s include the following:
- Orientation programs, seminars and workshops for teachers/students/Principals on various themes
- Joint programs for home examinations, sports and cultural activities, inter school competitions, exhibitions etc
- Discussion on implementation of circulars and guidelines issued by the Board from time to time
- Taking up community development projects on adolescence education program, road safety, consumer awareness, peace education etc
- About Sahodaya School Complexes – http://www.sahodayaschools.org
About other Sahodaya’s nationwide – http://www.sahodayaschools.org/list_of_sahodaya.php